Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Fairing MOdessey II




That last one was on FIRE!
(drum roll)

Here is the day's progress.


Thought I'd get rid of the Triceritops' hood...








kinda looks different on the bike itself.

I will be using Lexan, acrylic, and Polypropylene for material. I really find them easy to work with.

Here's how I got started on modifying the front subframe:

I removed the top bolt of the stock front subframe that attaches it to the steerer-tube mounting tab.


Then I added a few bit of steel here and a few bits of bolts there. Throw in some aluminum tubing and angles and what I got was an improvised subframe to hold everything together.

After this face lift, I will know for sure what angles and shape I like and will fab a more structurally sound piece.


No comments: