Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mounting Plastic_The Fairing MOdyssey Part V

The wonderful wife unit was so wonderful to wonderfully hold this wonderful creation in the making

Anyway, I am having way soo much fun.
Enjoy the pics and thank you everyone for the encouragement and feedback! It totally feeds the creative flow! Thank you KLRworld!






The next forming will be the edges indicated in the picture above.

They will curve towards each other, as if wrapping the bottom of the larger lamp, matching the shape of the lower part of the windshield in the KLX fairing.

So, um...for those who have worked with polycarbonate and acrylic, this may bring back old memories of frustration and humor.

What happened?

I put this piece in the toaster oven and proceeded to check my email...only to smell the fumes that would indicate the damage had been done.


DOH! Homer Simpson style. This light guard was so just right, too!

Well, take a look and I'm sure you all will get the gist of the look that I'm going for. Tomorrow I'll cut another piece.

The windshield however turned out just fine.

Now on to the subframe and paint.


No comments: