The objective is to spend the entire winter climbing all of the California 14ers as well as a few other peaks and ridge traverses.
The KLR's job is to deliver me as far within the mountains as possible while still allowing an escape back into town. The plan then is to crosscountry ski pulling a sled of equipment to a proper point for a base camp. From there I will attempt the climbs, mostly solo as I have my well tested Soloist device (RockWren). A few of the climbs I will join up with some friend's who intend on a rendezvous.
The KLR, now in San Diego, will be gaining a few more upgrades and mods to better meet the project demands:
- Jesse Odyssey II Panniers
- Happytrail.com 58L top box
- Brakes: Stnl Stl lines, front and rear
- T-Bob, radiator bypass
- RoxFX Vibration Damping Risers
- Heavier Duty Pelican case for laptop
- Windshield installed over fairing prototype
Here is an equipment wishlist as well: