...and No, I don't mean the x-games cool-guy drink.
I'm talking about the infamous idler shaft lever chain adjuster thingymerbob-or aka the "doohickey"
Kawasaki part No. 13168
This little piece (o' metal) is known to selfdestruct or rather justsnap from regular wear and tear.
I sourced mine from TPI Motorcycle Parts which I recieved today.
Do I know what I'm doing? Yes and No.
Here are some excellent How-To Articles of the web:
KLRWorld.com forums Marty
KLRWorld.com forums KeithM
MarkNet - KLR650
Along with doing the Doo I am also knee deep in KLR shii...uh maintainence.
Here's the list so far:
-Oil and Filter change
- Flat Magnetic Oil plug
- Valve Clearance
- Clean and oil airfilter
- Radiator flush
- Relocate Auxilary Gas rack and increase to
2 1/2 gal total back-up fuel.
- Sew up a fender tool bag (DYI)- Install 1" riser links to swing arm
- install new KTM front fender- Kevlar front brake pads
- Relocate foot peg brackets
- install offroad footpegs
- AND! the Fairing MOdeyssey Part II- The Saga Continues
Yes it's a lot of stuff. It's not all here it either...but in route none the less.
Here are some great How-To articles for the Valve Clearance:
Time to have some fun.