Sunday, March 1, 2009

2009 Mods Arrive...Two Brothers Exhaust

First Shipment of (3)three:

  • Russel stainless steel brakeline, front and rear
  • Spair brake and clucth levers
  • Two Brothers Racing M7 Exhaust
  • CNC'd fork brace by....???

From 2009 Spring Mods




From 2009 Spring Mods





From 2009 Spring Mods




From 2009 Spring Mods


Studebaker?? I thought they sold Eagle Mike's fork brace...

All of these parts came from TPI Motorcycle Parts. Definitely an A+ vendor...however, they, like several other companies, have become distributors of Studebaker Products. Studebaker is known for their Asian copies of various original designs which are sometimes near identical replicas. TPI was one of the few vendors where one could purchase an Eagle Manufacturing fork brace, which I have been particularly interested in for a long time. It was finally put on order to compliment my soon to arrive upgraded forks from Cogent Dynamics, I was very surprised and disappointed to see that they were the Studebaker knock-offs, when they arrived.

I am torn.

I had assumed they sold genuine Eagle-Mike equipment and it was my own lack of attention to detail that has lead me to this place of dissatisfaction. TPI doesn't offer a refund and they really shouldn't have to since they made no indication which product they sell. But I still want the real-deal.

...I'll call them on Monday and verify if the brace will accommodate a Perilli MT21 front tire. If it does then I'll stick with it...if they do not, I may resort to begging.

1 comment:

Ville said...

Hey, did you already ride with the new exhaust? I got the same one for my KLR too couple weeks ago and I just installed it last weekend. Too bad it was snowing and icy so I couldn't ride more than a few meters. Mine doesn't have the extra tip though. It sure sounds loud when revving. I hope it isn't too loud at cruising speeds. Next weekend I'll ride no matter what the weather is like!