Thursday, September 11, 2008

Recovering Like a Champion

The Heart of a Champion!
That's Champ not Chump, you.



For those that are into this sort of thing, this is so you can get an idea of how long the incision to get to the bones was. Imagine the tied-off ends of the suture-they were painfully cut this recent Tuesday at the follow-up.

After 6 days, I was cleared of the bandages and very little swelling was noticeable.
Dr. Rosales let me know that during surgery he discovered a fracture into the cartilage.

All in all, the bones are very tender but I am sooooo overjoyed to be alive and allowed/able to walk around. Laying on my back for 6-days was incredibly maddening. My body always wants to be doing something. It was a task of sorts. I can walk. 'Nuff said.

Got some tid-bits in the mail today.

A relocation clamp for my left mirror/busted clutch assembly brace.
I ordered it from Arrowhead Motorsports and it got here REAL fast, as usual. I can confirm however, that the rumors of The Studebaker product coming out of Fred's shop are true. Looks good to me though, not all things out of Taiwan are poor of quality. Here's a dialogue going on about the subject on KLRWorld.com

Dual Star's got a unit that is absolutely beautiful, made in the USA.

From Equipment

But they are phone order only and sort of have a reputation for taking slightly longer than the competition to deliver.

EagleMike makes one that the Studebaker is an obvious copy of. His seems to be a little bit harder to locate. Check out KLR650.net forums to find his distributors.


I also ordered ProTaper hardware for my Acerbis RallyPro Handguards. If I had those right off, I likely would not have busted everything on that Low-side last week. Ordered with a hasty standard delivery from Motorcycle-Superstore.

From GPSCity.com out of Las Vegas I received a power cradle for my Garmin Quest. I am fairly excited about this piece of equipment because it allows for the use of an earpiece so the rider can hear voice commands from the unit. Also, I'll be able to free up my 12volt Acc Outlet- which doesn't do too well with the vibrations that are unavoidable during off road pursuits.




















Been working the sewing machine for the past few days. Got some stuff to show off.

Tomorrow.

No comments: