Thursday, September 4, 2008

"No Broken Bones" my ass!






Okay so, some of you may recall when last year I was struck head-on by a Tonka-Truck drivin' soccer-mom. The original opinion of the FMC staff was just a "contusion of the foot."

This February I went to see a local podiatric Surgeon about some pain and a bunion that was developing in that foot at the 1st metatarsal head.
His x-rays revealed what the swollen condition of my foot immediately after the accidents hid...a hairline fracture at the head of the proximal phalanges where it meets the metatarsal head--which increased to a full seperation. (here's my scientific illustration)

It was trying to heal itself, but how well and how long it would take was unknown.
And as some of you know, I work on my feet.

So, finally made the decision to get it removed and all sorts of other magik stuffs Dr. Rosales (DPM) recommended.
All in the interest of salvaging its heavy load carrying cabilities.

As far as riding is concerned and guiding...I'm laid up for the next few weeks!
I am not even allowed to think of carrying heavy loads until say February 2009.

If I recover like a champ I'll be on schedule still for the AZT this December 1st.

In regards to the Geocache Rally, I won't be able to ride it with all the players, but wasn't planning to entirely anyway (some body's gotta run it!) All the routing was finished on Tuesday and the hardest Geocaches where placed as well. Three weeks prior to the event I will place the last Geocache containers at their respective locations.
Basically all the ground work is done. Just gotta finish up all the logistics and get all the maps and all the roll-charts a complete status.

...which I now have plenty of time to do!

-Velo

No comments: