Living off the Grid can be challenging when it comes to working on one's vehicles.
Even with a 25kW Geni' and most of the necessary tools practically available, once again I must work in the elements. Winter has arrived.
Primary objective: Get Strawberri up and running just as a sound vehicle.
- Replace Fuel Pump Filter- Apparently from 1988-1990 the fuel pump can be accessed by removing the entire fuel tank, unlike previous and later years where it can be reached from inside the truck...snarf.
- Flush Coolant system and install new thermostat- The PO had the truck year round in the Nevada desert and took out the thermostat a year into owning it out of 1 1/2 yrs total. Got all the stuffs needed..nows all is left is the nerve.
- Install Heavy duty oil cooler- Actually I guess this can likely wait...yeah, it'll wait.
- Change oil and general tune up- Might have this done since I dont have a timing gun and all that.
Objective: Gear the moto for more of a road orientation
- Mount -80/20 tires...I've got my eyes on the Conti' TK70s or the Avon Distanzias
- Install 16t sprocket up front- Stock is 15t and I am currently rockin' a 14t
- Hard Cases from Happy-Trails. Very likely their 48l boxes. These will be the boxes that will eventually mount to the rack system for the rear bicycle carrier.
Just finished a fantastic coast road on Hwy 1 up by Fort Bragg to Mendocino a few days ago. Rode two-up with a friend over two days. Redwoods, breathtaking coastal cliff views, Bed and Breakfast with a fireplace and a whole lot of tree climbing!
I need a garage.