Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Suspension Install_Prep Work

From Suspension_Prep

Today is the day the rebuilt forks and Moab Shock arrive from Cogent Dynamics via FedEX.
I took apart the entire swing arm assemble for its very first maintenance (awwww) since I am tearing into that section of the bike anyway. I anticipated heavy rust and corrosion on the various moving parts but was pleasantly surprised to find none. After push the bushings out I also pleasantly discovered they were still sealed and covered with greased.



I picked up a large 3/8 Breaker Bar from Autozone for the dirty leverage work to be done -It did the job rather nicely. After some sleep I will clean the swing arm and wipe down the bike in general. Should be fun...

We also have a set of Perrilli MT-21 tyres to install. The rubber currently mounted are a Dunlop D606 on the front and a Perrilla MT-21 on the rear. I like the Brazilian tyre a lot so decided to go for both. I'll post here on how the combo does.

No comments: